Help with your video
Using Distrify to upload your MeetMarket teaser clip
This information about submitting your MeetMarket clip is important - please read carefully!
In order to submit your project to the MeetMarket, you must have your teaser uploaded to the Distrify video hosting service via the embedded Distrify uploader that appears automatically under the Clip tab of the MeetMarket submissions form.
REMEMBER - YOUR TEASER CLIP SHOULD BE APPROXIMATELY ONE-MINUTE LONG
Why online video hosting?
We've chosen to ask you to put your teasers for the MeetMarket on Distrify so that it will be easy for all applications to submit their videos, and all reviewers and Decision Makers to access them easily. Distrify offers you free video encoding and hosting of your teaser, and high-speed streaming too. You can upload the teaser as HD so there's no compromise on quality.
UPLOADING YOUR CLIP TO DISTRIFY:
1. Under the Clip tab of the application form, you'll see the upload tool for Distrify. Doing the video upload will automatically set up a free account for you with Distrify, but if you already have an account with them then you should login there first, and then come back to the MeetMarket form to upload your clip.
2. You can continue uploading your clip, but meanwhile, if you set up a new account on Distrify, you'll be emailed soon after with your Distrify login details - THESE LOGIN DETAILS ARE NOT THE SAME AS YOUR DOC/FEST WEBSITE LOGIN DETAILS. The email will be sent to the same email address as the you use for your My Doc/Fest user account. You'll be given an automated password for Distrify - make sure you change your password as soon as possible afterwards so that you have an easily-remembered password for future logins and future clip uploads to MeetMarket and Distrify
3. Make sure your video file is encoded according to Distrify's encoding guidelines - PLEASE READ THESE GUIDELINES BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR CLIP.
4. DO NOT CLOSE THE UPLOAD SCREEN WHILST YOUR CLIP IS UPLOADING - you have to wait until the video upload is complete, after which you'll see a message telling you that the clip is transcoding. At this stage, you will not see a video player, just the message saying that the clip is transcoding. You can now move on to the rest of form whilst you're waiting.
5. You'll be emailed when the clip has transcoded. You can now return to the Clip tab and you'll see your video playing. Please note that you will only see the clip if you're also logged in to Distrify.
6. AM IMPORTANT NOTE ON FRAME RATES - Sometimes your clip will fail to transcode due to issues with its frame rate or in the metadata about the frame rate. This is an easy thing to fix if you follow these instructions carefully - please note especially that Windows Media Files are not suitable for upload.
If you have any problems getting your video onto Distrify or the MeetMarket form, or need help understanding how to do it, please feel free to email us - if you can't see your clip, it's usually better to ask us first rather than trying over and over again, because it may be that your clip has indeed uploaded fine.
What about privacy?
Your video will be privately screened within the MeetMarket submissions platform, unless you log in to your Distrify account and purposely make it available to the public. Please be assured that only the Doc/Fest team, assessors and Decision Makers will be allowed to view your clip. However, if you have any concerns about those who might be able to view your clip or have any worries about privacy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can answer any questions.
What about teasers for interactive projects?
For interactive projects, the process is the same - we ask you to put a one-minute teaser on Distrify. This might be a user journey or a selection of visuals from the project. Though the content may differ from linear documentaries, the form our assessors and Decision Makers see the clips in shouldn't, so please do make your teaser in a form which can be uploaded to Distrify.
REMEMBER-YOUR TEASER CLIP SHOULD BE APPROXIMATELY ONE-MINUTE LONG
What if I need to change my clip?
If you'd like to change your video clip, follow these steps carefully:
1. Log in to your Distrify account
2. From the My Films list on the right side of the screen, click on your film title.
3. On the next screen click "Upload Video" and follow the steps to upload your video file.
4. Once the upload completes you will be redirected to the video details page. Change the name to "MeetMarket Trailer" and click "Save Changes".
5. The most recent video you've uploaded with the name "MeetMarket Trailer" will be the one shown on the MeetMarket system for your project
PLEASE NOTE WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR INCORRECTLY-REPLACED CLIPS NOT WORKING PROPERLY
Any video and teaser queries?
Please email email@example.com and we will help.