There are currently no permanant positions available.
Temporary Job Opportunities
Sheffield Doc/Fest is looking for enthusiastic and competent people to work as Stage Managers at numerous venues across the festival, running film screenings, conference sessions, and special events featuring some of the world's leading documentary filmmakers and broadcasters.
This is a great opportunity to work on a truly international event with a professional and fun team. Successful applicants will work closely with the Production Manager. Duties include:
- Ensure all sessions, screenings or events start and end on time
- Oversee tight changeovers between events
- Manage queues, ticketing, and audience
- Manage volunteers
- Liaise with guests, filmmakers, session producers, speakers, technicians, venue staff, volunteers, archival film crews and photographers
- Ability to work independently, calmly, and under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organised, efficient, confident, assertive, tactful and discreet
- Technical experience not necessary but useful
- Willing to work long hours
The festival runs 12-16 June 2013. Positions are for various hours over the course of the festival, with some meetings in advance of the event. Pay is £7 per hour. The closing date for applications is 26th April 2013.
To apply, please email your CV with a cover letter stating relevant experience to Mat Steel: mat [at] sidf.co.uk