Mini-MeetMarket 2014, produced by DFG
The Mini-MeetMarket is a unique opportunity produced by DFG for new and emerging documentary filmmakers to meet Executive Producers and pitch their idea in an intimate roundtable environment.
The aim is simple: to enable you to get feedback on your documentary idea by industry execs and to help you move forward. You’ll get a response on how you pitched it as well as pointers on how it needs developing, where to go next, and how to improve your chances of getting funding.
Submissions open in 2014 to new and emerging directors and producers with a documentary or factual project for any or many platforms (see below for exactly what we mean).
Getting the right executive producer on board is for many filmmakers the first big step toward getting their film made. If your project is selected, you will attend a one-hour plenary session with a top pitch trainer, followed by a two-hour roundtable session with two execs who have been matched to you and your idea.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2014 WILL OPEN SOON.
Up to 30 projects will be selected to take part in this event, and the successful projects will be notified.
You must be a Sheffield Doc/Fest delegate to take part.
What we’re looking for for future submissions:
We look at two things when assessing your submission: You and Your Idea.
The Mini-MeetMarket is aimed at new and emerging talent.
• You do NOT need to have worked in broadcast
• You do not need to have UK experience
• You will be either producer or director of the proposed project
• You will not have directed an hour-long documentary for network broadcast in the UK
The Mini-MeetMarket is aimed at helping new and emerging talent to develop their projects.
• Your project can be documentary, factual, specialist factual or current affairs
• It might be a feature, a TV doc, a series, a transmedia project or any combination of these
• Early-stage ideas are welcomed; projects that are seeking distribution, or completion finance, are not
• We’ll look for a sense that access to the subject or story has been secured, and that your project has the potential to be realised in the current market
For any queries call 0207 249 6600 and speak to Kerry or Anna or email submissions[at]thedfg.org.
Selected Pitchers 2013
Henry Brown and Cristina Ljungberg
Debbie Howard and Colin Pons
Kate Stonehill and Ava Lee
Paul Loman and Barbara Myers
Brittney Shepherd + Samantha Grant
Brian Harrington and Peter Maynard
Ilaria Vecchi and Kris Polinski
Maria Court and Rosemarie Lerner
Chella Quint and Lindsay Keith