- Decision Makers List 2013
- MeetMarket Projects
- International Delegations
- Crossover Market
- Round Table Sessions
- Pitch Opportunities
- The BFI Film Fund Pitch
- The New York Times Op-Docs Pitch
- Channel 4 First Cut Pitch
- The Wellcome Trust Development Awards Pitch
- Your WorldView Pitch
- Specialist Factual New Talent Pitch
- The Switchboard with EDN
- The Doc/Fest Mentoring Programme
- Training and Workshops
- Focal International Presents - "Meet the Archives"
Round Table Sessions
Looking for a chance to speak informally to some of the key buyers, funders, experts and advisors at Sheffield Doc/Fest?
Sign up to our short, sharp Round Table Sessions where key international financiers and advisors present themselves to delegates and hold group discussions.
The Round Table Sessions are a great forum for forging connections with funders and experts, to introduce yourself, discuss the practicalities of working with them both creatively and financially, and gather information on documentary financing in an informal and relaxed setting.
HOW THE ROUND TABLES WORK
The Round Tables are information-sharing sessions where you have the opportunity to discuss funding and practical working matters with a variety of Decision Makers, whether they are a commissioning editor, funder, distributor or sales agent.
The 90 minute sessions are broken down into 15 minute slots offering concise head-to-heads with each of the Decision Makers participating. When you arrive you will be assigned to a table with a small group of fellow delegates (totalling no more than 10). After 15 minutes of discussion a bell will ring and the Decision Maker sitting at your table will rotate to the next table, enabling each group to speak to every Decision Maker by the end of the session.
Each session is scheduled to be succinct and constructive, and it's wise to do your research on each Decision Maker's remit in advance. Familiarising yourself with who the Decision Maker is and what types of subjects, formats or concepts they work with will obviously aid the flow of discussion.
Remember that any discussion brought to a premature end can always be continued after the session, and please bear in mind that it is not a private conversation between yourself and the Decision Maker but an initial group discussion from which future working relationships may hopefully emerge.
ROUND TABLE SCHEDULE
Roundtable Session // Thursday 13th June // 10:00-11:30 // Factual Entertainment
Roundtable Session // Thursday 13th June // 12.00-13:30 // Producers and Directors
Ben Lewis // BLTV and Femke Wolting // Submarine
Gebrueder Beetz Filmproduktion
Jesper Jack // Fridthjof Film and Ole Bendtzen
Julie Goldman // Motto Pictures and Roger Ross Williams
Mike Lerner // Roast Beef Productions
Roundtable Session // Friday 14th June // 12:00-13.30 // Alternative and Cross-Platform
Anna Ljungmark // Swim Baby Swim
Annika Gustafson // BoostHbg
Ingrid Kopp // Tribeca Film Institute
Kirsty Hunter // The Project Factory
Marianne Levy Le Blond // ARTE France
Nancy Schwartzman// Filmmaker/ App Developer
To review the biography for any of the participating Decision Makers please click on their name. More Decision Makers to be confirmed soon.
HOW TO BOOK A PLACE
To book a place on the Round Table Sessions please email Anna Parker stating which session you would like to participate in.
Places at the Round Table Sessions are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. To book a place you must be registered for a delegate pass. Requests from those who are not registered will not be considered.
- When you arrive at the Round Tables you will be asked to join a table totalling no more than 10 participants.
- You will meet each Decision Maker as a group for 15 minutes, before the next Decision Maker will join you.
- Over the course of 90 minutes you will meet 5 Decision Makers.
- The meetings with the Decision Makers are not for you to pitch a project, but for the group to ask questions, have a discussion and to get to know the Decision Maker.
- The session very much serves as an introduction - you can continue conversations with the Decision Maker after the session has completed.
- You must be a registered Sheffield Doc/Fest Delegate for your Round Table requests to be accepted - any requests from those not registered as delegates will be unsuccessful.
- We ask all attendees for each Round Table Session to stay for the duration - we request that you do not leave early before seeing all Decision Makers out of respect for them and your fellow delegates.