- Decision Makers List 2013
- MeetMarket Projects
- Crossover Market
- International Delegations
- Round Table Sessions
- Pitch Opportunities
- The BFI Film Fund Pitch
- The New York Times Op-Docs Pitch
- Channel 4 First Cut Pitch
- The Wellcome Trust Development Awards Pitch
- Your WorldView Pitch
- Specialist Factual New Talent Pitch
- The Switchboard with EDN
- The Doc/Fest Mentoring Programme
- Training and Workshops
The UKTV Innovation Pitch
NEW FOR 2012 - win £10,000 towards a possible UKTV Commission
In this pitching session, up to 6 pitchers will present ideas for a series that would fit perfectly on any UKTV channels or a multiplatform project which complements UKTV content.
Candidates must be individuals with television or multiplatform experience.
We want incredible stories from a range of ideas and styles - access-driven, quirky and eccentric, observational, high -concept or simply off the wall. We are looking for fabulous, larger than life characters in surprising situations or a window to a world we haven't seen before
Is there a theme?
Ideas we are looking for should fit the broad UKTV remit:
- Wonderment and fantastical - content should be upbeat, standout and leave viewers feeling positively different. Nothing too negative or grey. Ob doc ideas, single films and series are all up for consideration.
- Populist - entertaining, accessible ideas with roots in the past. Dramatic explorations of the past with mystery and discovery
- Factual and Factual Entertainment ideas - these should align with UKTV's existing acquisitions and commissions and should pay back to the channel brand. We are looking for a new slant to access-based documentaries or never-before-seen approach to a historical subject matter.
- Multiplatform or Online Original Projects - these should complement content on one or more of our channels.
We are not looking for scripted comedy, panel shows or dramas.
Applicants will be judged on their broadcast or multiplatform experience, as well as the project and its suitability to UKTV channels.
What's the prize?
The prize is a chance to make a tx pilot / taster tape / interactive project relating to any of our channels. The winner will receive £10,000 for the project. If the winning entry is for a TV programme (pilot or taster tape), the winner, if not attached to a production company, will receive a freelance placement at a production company (chosen by UKTV) to make the programme. Post-production facilities for the programme will be provided by Prime Focus at no charge to the winner.
How To Enter
THIS PITCH IS NOW CLOSED FOR ENTRIES
Please be aware that the idea pitched will not necessarily be the one commissioned.
Who is eligible?
The pitch is open to all creatives who have experience of television and multiplatform. This is not an entry level pitch. A commitment and passion for television and/or interactive services needs to be clearly evident. You must be UK-based and be able to complete the project by the end of 2012.
Applicants for the UKTV Innovation Fund must be available to attend the festival on Saturday 16th June 2012. They will be eligible for a discounted pass to attend other festival events and screenings should they wish. If you cannot make this commitment you are not eligible to enter the pitch competition.
Any queries, please email charlie at sidf.co.uk
Big Fab Cheshire Weddings (Chris Walker - Boy Wonder)
Stars Trek ((Richard Greatrex)
Snow (Dewi Gregory & Madoc Roberts - Truth Department & Barking Mad)
Battleship Islands (Alberto Tabone)
War Junkies (Orlando von Einsiedel - Grain Media Ltd)
Dave's Mate Dave (Adam Hunt - Markthree Media)