This year Sheffield Doc/Fest turns 25, and to celebrate this milestone edition we are seeking poster artwork that honours the Festival’s passion for documentary and for Sheffield.
Sheffield Doc/Fest is an internationally recognised and lauded festival with films and filmmakers coming from all over the world, but we also have a great sense of local presence, audience and pride. We’re proud to connect thousands of documentary makers and documentary lovers with industry players, resulting in the discovery of new talent, new collaborations, and new commissions. We want to produce artwork that represents this.
The winner will receive £300, plus 30% of the merchandise takings that feature the artwork, and a 2018 Festival Pass.
Below we offer a series of criteria and points of consideration for you to interpret when producing your proposals.
- You will produce poster artwork that will be used across print media and merchandise
- The artwork can be in any medium, but must be reproducible in 2D
- The artwork must be able to be adapted for both vertical and horizontal reproduction
- The design can be of any size or shape, vertical or horizontal, but must be adaptable as above
- If our logo does not feature in the artwork, the logo will need space to be added on for poster reproduction (png logo available below)
- All are welcome to apply, and we encourage applications from diverse artists
- Final artwork is to be delivered on 9 May 2018
- We would prefer something bold and not directly figurative of our logo or 2018 filmmakers/speakers
- Can be inspired by Doc/Fest, Sheffield, documentary, digital tech
- Key values that the Festival acknowledges: independence, respect, humanity, braveness, creativity
- Our primary colour is Orange (C0 M65 Y100 K0), with secondary colours Purple (C47 M72 Y0 K0) and Teal (C70 M0 Y44 K0)
Please submit the following by email to email@example.com, subject heading: “Poster Artwork Competition”:
- A draft sketch (or sketches, can be multiple variants)
- Short paragraph of your vision
- Link to a portfolio of relevant previous work
For the full T&Cs, please click here.
Please direct any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 09:00 on Friday 4 May 2018.