Meet the Execs is a collaboration between Mosaic Films and Sheffield Doc/Fest bringing together emerging documentary filmmakers and experienced industry professionals with the aim to provide advice, feedback and training for up-and-coming documentary talents and their projects.
Meet the Execs is a unique opportunity for new and emerging documentary filmmakers to connect with experienced executive producers and industry experts for advice and guidance about a specific film project. Coordinated by Mosaic Films, successful applicants will be given pitch-training and paired with an executive producer for project-specific feedback and pointers on development, where to go next, and how to improve your chances of securing funding and distribution.
Up to 30 projects will be selected to take part in this event and the successful projects will be notified within a few days time after the submission deadline has passed. All applicants are welcome to attend the first stage of the Meet the Execs session in Sheffield, which includes a presentation on pitching by Paul Pauwels.
Meet the Execs will take place Monday 10 June, 14.00-17.00 in Channing Hall.
You don't need to have a Sheffield Doc/Fest Festival pass in order to apply to Meet the Execs. However, if your application is selected you must purchase a Festival pass to take part. Read on for more information on how to apply.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Meet the Execs is aimed at helping documentary filmmakers who are looking to secure partnerships and support for their next project in the international marketplace. We look at two things when assessing your submission - you and your project.
- Applicants do not need to have previous experience in the film industry,
- You will be either producer or director of the proposed project,
- Up to two people can apply together, representing one project,
- Your project can be documentary, factual, specialist factual or current affairs,
- It might be a feature, a TV doc, a series, a transmedia project or any combination of these,
- Early-stage ideas are welcomed; projects that are seeking distribution, or completion finance, are not,
- and we’ll look for a sense that access to the subject or story has been secured, and that your project has the potential to be realised in the current market.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply, you need to submit:
- A short summary of a documentary project you’re working on (max 250 words),
- A brief biography and full contact details
To apply, please create an Eventival account here. Once your account has been created, you will be able to log in and submit your application.
Deadline: Wednesday 22 May 2019 (midnight UK time).
Please note that there is a £12 application fee (including VAT) that must be paid in full before you submit your proposal. You will receive a receipt automatically after payment. Please forward this receipt with the application attached. Any proposal received without proof of payment will not be considered. The submission fee has to be paid via the Sheffield Doc/Fest website (click on the payment button and include the receipt in your application).
If you have any queries about the programme and/or the submission requirements, please contact Auriol Wyles at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries about Sheffield Doc/Fest Marketplace, please email Manon Euler at email@example.com