Meet the Execs is a collaboration between the European Documentary Network (EDN) and Sheffield Doc/Fest bringing together emerging documentary filmmakers and experienced industry professionals with the aim to provide advice, feedback and training for up-and-coming documentary talents and their projects.
Taking place during the Festival from 10am-2pm on Tuesday 12 June, Meet the Execs is a unique opportunity for new and emerging documentary filmmakers to connect with experienced executive producers and industry experts for advice and guidance about a specific film project. Coordinated by EDN, successful applicants will be given pitch-training and paired with an executive producer for project-specific feedback and pointers on development, where to go next, and how to improve your chances of securing funding and distribution.
Up to 30 projects will be selected to take part in this event and the successful projects will be notified within a few days time after the submission deadline has passed. All applicants are welcome to attend the first stage of the Meet the Execs session in Sheffield, which includes a presentation on pitching by Paul Pauwels from EDN.
You don't need to have a Sheffield Doc/Fest Festival pass in order to apply to Meet the Execs. However, if your application is selected you must purchase a Festival pass to take part. Applications for EDN: Meet the Execs are now closed.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Meet the Execs is aimed at helping documentary filmmakers who are looking to secure partnerships and support for their next project in the international marketplace. We look at two things when assessing your submission - you and your project.
- Applicants do not need to have previous experience in the film industry,
- You will be either producer or director of the proposed project,
- Up to two people can apply together, representing one project,
- Your project can be documentary, factual, specialist factual or current affairs,
- It might be a feature, a TV doc, a series, a transmedia project or any combination of these,
- Early-stage ideas are welcomed; projects that are seeking distribution, or completion finance, are not,
- and we’ll look for a sense that access to the subject or story has been secured, and that your project has the potential to be realised in the current market.
HOW TO APPLYIn order to apply, you need to submit:
- A short summary of a documentary project you’re working on (max 250 words),
- A brief biography and full contact details,
- The summary of your project and the brief bio must fit on one side of A4,
- and an attached copy of the application fee receipt (see SUBMISSION FEE)
Extended Deadline: 11:59P.M. on Sunday, 20th May 2018.Please send all of the above to auriol[at]edn.network
Please note that there is a £10+VAT application fee that must be paid in full before you submit your proposal. You will receive a receipt automatically after payment. Please forward this receipt with the application attached. Any proposal received without proof of payment will not be considered. The submission fee has to be paid via the Sheffield Doc/Fest website (click on the payment button below and include the receipt in your application).Submissions are now closed.
If you have any queries about the programme and/or the submission requirements, please contact Auriol Wyles at auriol [at] edn.network
If you have any queries about Sheffield Doc/Fest Marketplace, please contact the Marketplace team