Sheffield Doc/Fest Terms & Conditions 2020
Ticket holders and Passholders voluntarily assume any and all risks occurring prior to, during, or after the event, including injury by any cause. The event may be videotaped or photographed for various media and other uses by the producers and may include pictures of, actions of, or statements by attendees or individuals in attendance. Attendance at this event shall be deemed your consent for the producers to use photographs and video of and quotes by you without compensation.
Digital Industry Pass Holders
- You can only register for a Digital Industry Pass online;
- Please complete one online registration form per person;
- You are not registered until we receive full payment for your pass. Online registration is only valid with a completed online registration form;
- All prices are in pounds sterling;
- All payment in pounds sterling only;
- Value Added Tax
The following categories of Digital Industry passholders are not required to pay UK VAT:
- Businesses based within the EU
- Anyone based outside of the UK or EU
If you fall into one of the above categories, please email registration[@]sheffdocfest.com with your address, details of your business status and VAT number if applicable. We will then send a private link to complete payment without UK VAT.
All UK-based passholders are required to pay UK VAT as well as EU consumers. We reserve the right to request more information about your business if required.
- We accept payments by Visa, Visa Delta/Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, American Express;
- This site does not accept payments by Maestro, cheque or bank transfer. For assistance, please email E: registration [at] sheffdocfest.com;
- We reserve the right to change the pass rates;
- By ticking one or both of the boxes to have your name and/or contact details published you are agreeing for your contact information to be published on the Festival Attendee list or Festival Pass Holders List (found in the My Doc/Fest account). Security: We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect;
- Registration includes important Passholder Updates which we will send you via e-mail. Passholder updates contain vital information about the Festival which you will need upon your arrival in Sheffield, but should you not wish to receive this information, or our year-round e-news, please click on unsubscribe at the bottom of the last email received. We will never share your e-mail or personal details with anyone else without your prior consent;
- Doc/Fest reserves the right to revoke passes due to any unauthorised use.
- You can request a full refund. Requests for a Digital Industry Pass refund must be received by midday on Wed 3 June 2020;
- There are no refunds after this deadline for any reason;
- Requests for refunds must be received in writing via email to: registration [at] sheffdocfest.com;
- Please put the following in your subject header: Digital Industry Pass – Refund Request;
- Please include your full name in the email;
- In the event of purchasing an incorrect pass type, a refund or transfer to a different pass type is not possible;
- If you purchase a pass and later become eligible for another pass type at a different rate, a refund is not possible;
- We are not able to refund any passes purchased in error.
- Digital industry Passes are non-transferable.
If you have any access requirements, please email access [@] sheffdocfest.com Please note when purchasing tickets at carer rate proof of carer may be required.
Complaints must be presented in writing and e-mailed to registration [@] sheffdocfest.com. We will endeavour to respond to your complaints within 24 hours.
Website Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions for sheffdocfest.com and this is a legally binding contract between you and us. From your first use of the website, you agree to accept the terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions you should stop using our website immediately. We reserve the right to make changes to the terms and conditions which will take effect from the date of posting. Your continued use of the site will mark your acceptance of these changes to the terms and conditions.
Changes to This Terms & Conditions
We may update our Terms & Conditions from time to time. Thus, you are advised to review this page periodically for any changes. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Terms and Conditions on this page. These changes are effective immediately after they are posted on this page.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Terms & Conditions, do not hesitate to contact us at info [at] sheffdocfest.com
Who We Are
International Documentary Festival Sheffield (Sheffield Doc/Fest) is a charitable incorporated organisation registered in England & Wales, charity number: 1184849. Our main place of business is: The Workstation, 15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield, S1 2BX, UK. Throughout these terms and conditions when we mention ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ etc, we mean https://sheffdocfest.com. When we refer to ‘you’ we mean the user and/or browser or our site.
All content is copyright to International Documentary Festival Sheffield Limited unless otherwise stated. You may view the website information in a web browser for private browsing purposes only. For any other purposes, you will need written consent which may be granted at our discretion. Occasionally we may publish images or text in which the copyright is not owned by us. Where this is applicable we have acknowledged the copyright owner.
Where applicable, we acknowledge the owners of all external trademarks which are referred to in our website.
We reserve the right to make changes to the website and correct any errors or omissions without notice or without liability to you.
External websites to which we provide links are not under our control, and we take no responsibility and shall not be liable in any way for their content. As this is an interactive website, third party information may be contributed which we do not have control over.
Opinions expressed within the website pages are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinions of International Documentary Festival Sheffield Limited. If you find any inaccurate on our website or have a complaint about what we have published, please email info [@] sheffdocfest.com. On receipt of the inquiry, we will take appropriate action.
Personal data and privacy
Where appropriate we will hold your name and email address which we will call “Personal Data”. We may also collect personal information from you when you are purchasing tickets or passes from our website or submitting a project or film to us.
We will not pass your personal data to any third parties unless we have received your express permission to do so.
sheffdocfest.com www.sheffdocfest.com makes use of “cookies”. “Cookies” are data which are held in your web browser; they do not in themselves identify who you are or your other personal data to us. They do allow us to monitor your use of our site.
Our main aim of holding your personal data is to help us improve our customer relationships. If you do have any questions about our use of your personal data, please email privacy [@] sheffdocfest.com. We will investigate all complaints and take appropriate action.
So far as lawfully possible, we exclude all liability to you in contract or negligence (other than negligence by us which gives rise to personal injury or death). We also exclude liability for any consequential or indirect loss which may be caused to you by us.