Festival Terms & Conditions 2019
Please scroll down for more information on Festival Pass Holder, Submission and Website and App Terms & ConditionsTicket holder/Festival Pass holders voluntarily assumes any and all risks occurring prior to, during, or after the event, including injury by any cause. Event may be videotaped or photographed for various media and other uses by the producers, and may include pictures of, actions of, or statements by attendees or individuals in attendance. Attendance at this event shall be deemed your consent for the producers to use photographs and video of and quotes by you without compensation.
Festival Pass Holders1. You can only register for a Full Festival Pass online;
2. Please complete one online registration form per person;
3. You are not registered until we receive full payment for your pass. Online registration is only valid with a completed online registration form;
4. A limited number of Lightning Passes are available. The offer expires 12 midnight GMT on 1 September 2018 or when the limit of passes has been reached;
5. When the Lightning Pass has sold out, or after 1 September (whichever is sooner). The Super Early Bird pass will be priced at £209+VAT;
6. All prices are in pounds sterling;
7. All payment in pounds sterling only;
8. We accept payments by Visa, Visa Delta/Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, American Express;
9. This site does not accept payments by Maestro, cheque or bank transfer. For assistance, please email E: registration [at] sidf.co.uk;
10. You will be required to present photo ID to collect your Festival Pass;
11. We reserve the right to change the pass rates;
12. By ticking one or both of the boxes to have your email and/or address published you are agreeing for your contact information to be published in the Doc/Fest Delegate Guide (online) for public use. Security: We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect;
13. Registration includes important Delegate Updates which we will send you via e-mail, and subscription to our year round e-news. Delegate updates contain vital information about the Festival which you will need upon your arrival in Sheffield, but should you not wish to receive this information, or our year round e-news, please click on unsubscribe at the bottom of the last email received. We will never share your e-mail or personal details with anyone else without your consent;
14. The pass is personalised with full name and photo and may not be used during Sheffield Doc/Fest by any other individual than that named on the pass;
15. Doc/Fest reserves the right to revoke passes due to any unauthorised use;
16. By registering for a Festival Pass you agree for your Festival Pass to be scanned and information regarding attendance at events to be recorded. Sheffield Doc/Fest will never sell this information but will use it for reporting purposes;
Refunds Policy1. If you are unable to attend you can request a refund.
2. Refunds are subject to a charge of £50 + VAT;
3. The following passes are non-refundable – Lightning Pass, Super Early Bird Pass, Flash Sale Pass and Special Offer passes;
4. Requests for your Festival Pass refunds must be received by 12 midnight GMT on 4 May 2019;
5. Requests for refunds must be received in writing via email to: E: registration [at] sidf.co.uk;
6. There are no refunds after this deadline for any reason including, but not limited to, illness, travel-related problems or loss of employment;
7. Please put the following in your subject header: Festival Pass – Refund Request;
8. Please include your full name and delegate number in the email;
9. In the event of purchasing an incorrect pass type, a refund or transfer to a different pass type is not possible;
10. If you purchase a pass and later become eligible for another pass type at a different rate, a refund is not possible;
11. We are not able to refund any passes purchased in error.
Transfer Policy1. If you are unable to attend you can request to transfer your pass to another person (except Concession Passes and Wristbands or Organisational Discounts).
2. Festival Pass Transfers are subject to a charge of £50 + VAT;
3. Doc/Lovers Wristband Transfer are subject to a charge of £15 + VAT;
4. Requests for Festival Pass and Doc/Lovers Wristband transfers must be received by 12 midnight GMT on 25 May 2019;
5. Requests for transfers must be received in writing via email to: E: registration [at] sidf.co.uk
6. Please put the following in your subject header: Festival Pass/ Doc/Lovers Wristband – Transfer Request;
7. Please include in the email: - Your full name; - Your delegate number; - Full name of the person to whom you want to transfer your pass; - Email of the person to whom you want to transfer your pass; - Phone number of the person to whom you want to transfer your pass
Lost Pass Policy1. Please note there is a lost pass fee of £30 + VAT;
2. You will not be able to access any festival events without your Festival Pass. Please ensure you wear this visible around your neck at all times;
3. Lost Pass fees must be paid at the Registration Desk in cash, or by credit/debit card;
4. You will be required to present photo ID to have your lost Festival Pass replaced.
Wesbite and App Terms & ConditionsThese are the terms and conditions for sheffdocfest.com and this is a legally binding contract between you and us. From your first use of the website, you agree to accept the terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions you should stop using our website immediately. We reserve the right to make changes to the terms and conditions which will take effect from the date of posting. Your continued use of the site will mark your acceptance of these changes to the terms and conditions.
Who We AreWe are International Documentary Festival Sheffield Limited. Our main place of business is:The Workstation, 15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield, S1 2BX, UK. Throughout these terms and conditions when we mention ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ etc, we mean https://sheffdocfest.com. When we refer to ‘you’ we mean the user and/or browser or our site.
CopyrightAll content is copyright to International Documentary Festival Sheffield Limited unless otherwise stated. You may view the website information in a web browser for private browsing purposes only. For any other purposes, you will need written consent which may be granted at our discretion. Occasionally we may publish images or text in which the copyright is not owned by us. Where this is applicable we have acknowledged the copyright owner.
TrademarksWhere applicable we acknowledge the owners of all external trademarks which are referred to in our website.
AccuracyWe reserve the right to make changes to the website and correct any errors or omissions without notice or without liability to you.
External websites to which we provide links are not under our control and we take no responsibility and shall not be liable in any way for their content. As this is an interactive website, third party information may be contributed which we do not have control over.
Opinions expressed within the website pages are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinions of International Documentary Festival Sheffield Limited. If you find any inaccurate on our website, or have a complaint about what we have published, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . On receipt of the inquiry we will take appropriate action.
Personal data and privacyWhere appropriate we will hold your name and email address which we will call “Personal Data”. We may also collect personal information from you when you are purchasing tickets or passes from our website or submitting a project or film to us.
We will not pass your personal data to any third parties unless we have received your express permission to do so.
sheffdocfest.com www.sheffdocfest.com makes use of “cookies”. “Cookies” are data which are held in your web browser they do not in themselves identify who your are or your other personal data to us. They do allow us to monitor your use of our site.
Our main aim of holding your personal data is to help us improve our customer relationships. If you do have any questions about our use of your personal data, please email email@example.com . We will investigate all complaints and take appropriate action.
So far as lawfully possible, we exclude all liability to you in contract or negligence (other than negligence by us which gives rise to personal injury or death). We also exclude liability for any consequential or indirect loss which may be caused to you by us.
Submissions GuidelinesClick here to view the Film Submission Guidelines.
Click here to view the Alternate Realities Submission Guidelines.
Click here to view the Marketplace Submission Guidelines.