Channing Hall


Channing Hall is named after the 19th Century American Unitarian Minister Dr William Ellery Channing. The hall was designed by Flockton and Gibbs, and the interior is in the Italianate style. The hall was built in 1881 for ‘religious, educational and social purposes.’

Address: 45 Surrey St, Sheffield S1 2LG


  • Wheelchair accessible 
  • Accessible toilets
  • Gender neutral Toilets (accessible toilets can be used instead)
  • Elevator (located at back of Hall on the left)
  • Baby changing facilities available in all toilets
  • Breastfeeding friendly (facilities available in all toilets)
  • Assistance dogs welcome
  • Seats: Seats available with or without armrests. 


To view a 360 virtual tour of Channing Hall please click the link here

Capacity: 110 

Wheelchair Capacity: 10+ 

Wi-Fi: Public Wi-Fi available 

Blue Badge Parking: Norfolk Street S1 2JH

Our Partners