Festival Terms & Conditions 2022
We are International Documentary Festival Sheffield. Our main place of business is: The Workstation, 15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield, S1 2BX, UK. Throughout these terms and conditions when we mention ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ etc, we mean International Documentary Festival Sheffield. When we refer to ‘you’ we mean the pass holder and/or user of our website https://sheffdocfest.com.
Festival Pass Holders
- You can only register for a festival pass online;
- Please complete one online registration form per person;
- You are not registered until we receive full payment for your pass. Online registration is only valid with a completed online registration form;
- Super Early Bird tickets are available for a limited time only. The offer expires at 18:00 (UTC on 7 December 2021).
- All prices are in pounds sterling;
- All payment in pounds sterling only;
- We use Stripe to process payments. Most debit and credit cards are accepted.
- We do not accept individual registration payments by cheque or bank transfer.
- You will be required to present photo ID to collect your Festival Pass;
- We reserve the right to change future pass prices, including the price charged if you abandon your registration and return it to after discounted rates have ended.
- By ticking one or both of the boxes to have your name and/or contact details published you are agreeing for your contact information to be published on the Festival Attendee list or Festival Passholders List. Security: We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect;
- Registration includes important Delegate Updates which we will send you via email and subscription to our year-round e-news. Delegate updates contain vital information about the Festival which you will need upon your arrival in Sheffield, but should you not wish to receive this information, or our year-round e-news, please click on unsubscribe at the bottom of the last email received. We will never share your email or personal details with anyone else without your consent;
- Sheffield DocFest reserves the right to revoke passes due to any unauthorised use or breach of our Safer Festival Policy.
- The pass is personalised with your full name and photo and may not be used during Sheffield DocFest by any other person;
- By registering for a Festival Pass you agree for your Festival Pass to be scanned and information regarding attendance at events to be recorded. Sheffield DocFest will never sell this information but will use it for reporting purposes;
- You will not be able to access any festival events without your Festival Pass. Please ensure you wear this visible around your neck at all times.
Festival Pass Refunds
- If you change your mind or are unable to attend you can request a refund. Requests for Festival Pass refunds must be received by midday on Monday 20th June 2022. After this deadline refunds will only be issued in extreme circumstances, at our discretion;
- Requests for refunds must be received in writing via email to: registration [at] sheffdocfest.com;
- Please put the following in your subject header: Festival Pass – Refund Request and include your full name in the email;
- In the case of an event cancellation, a refund will be issued.
- Please note there is a lost pass fee of £30 + VAT
- Lost Pass fees must be paid at the Registration Desk by debit or credit card;
- You will be required to present a photo ID to have your lost Festival Pass replaced.
Website Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions for sheffdocfest.com
- From your first use of the website, you agree to accept the terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions you should stop using our website immediately.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the terms and conditions which will take effect from the date of posting.
- Your continued use of the site will mark your acceptance of these changes to the terms and conditions.
- We may update our Terms & Conditions from time to time. Thus, you are advised to review this page periodically for any changes. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Terms and Conditions on this page. These changes are effective immediately after they are posted on this page.
- All content is copyright to International Documentary Festival Sheffield unless otherwise stated. You may view the website information in a web browser for private browsing purposes only. For any other purposes, you will need written consent which may be granted at our discretion.
- Occasionally we may publish images or text in which the copyright is not owned by us. Where this is applicable we have acknowledged the copyright owner.
- Where applicable we acknowledge the owners of all external trademarks which are referred to in our website.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the website and correct any errors or omissions without notice or without liability to you.
- External websites to which we provide links are not under our control and we take no responsibility and shall not be liable in any way for their content. As this is an interactive website, third party information may be contributed which we do not have control over.
- Opinions expressed within the website pages are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinions of International Documentary Festival Sheffield.
- If you find any inaccuracies on our website or have a complaint about what we have published, please email info [at] sheffdocfest.com. On receipt of the inquiry, we will take appropriate action.
Cookies and data
- sheffdocfest.com makes use of “cookies”. “Cookies” are data which are held in your web browser; they do not in themselves identify who you are or your other personal data to us. They do allow us to monitor your use of our site.
- Our main aim of holding your personal data is to help us improve our customer relationships. Full details of how we capture and use your personal data can be found here https://sheffdocfest.com/privacy
- If you do have any questions about our use of your personal data, please email info [at] sheffdocfest.com . We will investigate all complaints and take appropriate action.
Recording & Photography
- The use of mobile phones, cameras, video and any other form of recording equipment by attendees is not permitted during the event.
- The event may be videotaped or photographed for various media and other uses by the producers and may include pictures of, actions of, or statements by attendees or individuals in attendance.
- Attendance at this event shall be deemed your consent for the producers to use photographs and video of and quotes by you without compensation.
So far as lawfully possible, we exclude all liability to you in contract or negligence (other than negligence by us which gives rise to personal injury or death). We also exclude liability for any consequential or indirect loss which may be caused to you by us.
If you have any access requirements, please email access [at] sheffdocfest.com
Complaints must be presented in writing and e-mailed to info [at] sheffdocfest.com. We will endeavour to respond to your complaints within 24 hours.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Terms and Conditions, do not hesitate to contact us at info [at] sheffdocfest.com